Our Team approach, our commitment to our clients, and our expectation for the best results has led to our numerous successes and in making a difference in our community, both locally and nationally.
Our trial skills and unique perspective in the area of civil rights, employment discrimination, and contract disputes have also resulted in successes for our business and individual clients.
We have obtained verdicts in civil rights and employment discrimination cases that far exceed many verdicts for individual claims.
We have also obtained verdicts in favor of our business clients in both prosecuting and defending employment and contract claims. Our training and advice for our business clients in the areas of employment discrimination and sexual harassment have successfully avoided litigation and resulted in greater profits and more enjoyable work places.
- Civil Rights and Constitutional Violations
- Political Retaliation
- Police Misconduct
- Employment Discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”)
- Civil Racketeering Cases (“RICO”)
- Qui Tam, False Claims Act
- Whistle Blower Cases
- Retaliatory Discharge
- Police Disciplinary Actions & Appeals
- Police Pension Rights
- Federal Government Employees
- State and Local Government Employees
- Class Action Litigation
- Severance Negotiations
- Business Contract Negotiations
- Breach of Contract Litigation
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Citizen Participation Act litigation
- Hate Crimes (civil)
- Reproductive Rights
We have and continue to obtain excellent victories for our clients. The following are just some of the notable jury verdicts and settlements we have received for our clients:
- Moeller v. Del Global, et al. verdict for Mr. Moeller in the amount of $2,200,000 for retaliatory discharge and defamation claims.
- Barth v. Mokena verdict for Ms. Barth in the amount of $1,925,000 for sexual harassment,discrimination,retaliation and constitutional claims.
- Kramarski v. Village of Orland Park, et al. which the Daily Southtown reported as settling for $1,000,000 Ms. Kramarski brought claims for constitutional rights,sexual harassment,gender discrimination,and retaliation.
- Mendez v. Perla Dental verdict for Ms. Mendez in excess of $781,000 for sexual harassment, retaliation, wage claims, retaliatory discharge and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Januszewski v. Village of Oak Lawn, et al. settlement in the amount of $850,000 for sexual harassment and retaliation and constitutional claims and implementation of new policies and training in the workplace.
- Gross v. Cicero settlement for Ms. Gross in the amount of $650,000 for constitutional rights, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and retaliation claims.
- Cobbs v. Sheahan, et al. class action RICO (racketeering) and First Amendment retaliation claims based on allegations of “pay to play” politics and Ms. Cobbs’ refusal to make political contributions. The case settled shortly after the court denied the defendants’ motion to dismiss on the RICO claims for $350,000 and reinstatement.